Counseling for Mothers
For moms, it can be upsetting and frightening to have feelings about motherhood that don’t seem “right.”
Ever wonder “why am I not feeling like other moms” or “is this normal to be feeling like this”?
For some women, a morning run, a healthy diet and receiving help and support from family and friends can be sufficient enough to get through the initial adjustment period. For others, talking to a therapist who specializes in dealing with motherhood issues can be comforting, relieving and enlightening. Amanda is a Certified Perinatal Mental Health Therapist and has taken many steps to further her education with continual consultation and trainings. All the clinicians at Everlasting Wellness LLC continue training and supervision on Perinatal and Maternal Mental Health.
Therapists who have extensive education and training in pregnancy or postpartum issues understand that Perinatal Mood and Anxiety Disorders are all vital factors in understanding and alleviating pregnancy and postpartum symptoms.
Common perinatal symptoms include:
- Feeling overwhelmed and wondering if you should have become a mother in the first place
- Feeling guilty due to high self-expectations
- Not feeling “bonded” with the baby
- Your thoughts are racing and you can’t quiet your mind
- Feeling empty and numb as if you’re just going through the motions
- Lack of focus and concentration
- Being afraid that if you reach out for help, others will judge your inabilities
- Thoughts of running away or leaving your baby behind
- Being constantly in a state of worry
If one or more of the above symptoms resonates with you, I invite you to contact me today. Together, we’ll find the underlying issues that make you feel disconnected from your baby and create a strategy for moving forward. Contact me today to see how I can help.